Re: First day of the week (still off-topic)

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 05:15:18 EDT

Ar 13:37 -0700 1999-06-28, scríobh Alain:

> And wasn't Abraham, (the father of Judaism and indirectly of
>Christianism and Islam) born in Mesopotamia, i.e. Babylon, i.e. modern Irak
>(Ur/Our)?

What do you mean "indirectly"? As a Buddhist living in Ireland I've had the
long displeasure of watching people describe the political differences here
as "sectarian", which, ignoring the fact that theology is not in question,
are between "Protestants" and "Catholics" which are practically considered
different religions by some folks. I mean the god of Abraham is the god of
the Jews and the Christians and the Muslims. Makes 'em quite similar
religions from a not very odd point of view. They'd be different if they
had a mother goddess and her consort, or an elephant-headed god with four
arms.

Pax vobiscum.

--
Michael Everson * Everson Gunn Teoranta * http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478 2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478 2597 (by arrangement)