Re: dotless j

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Thu Jul 08 1999 - 13:41:38 EDT

Edward Cherlin wrote:

> No, after 11,172 Johab
> glyphs were promoted to characters, what's one or two, or three, or ...

That was done for compatibility with a character set, and it was
done in an algorithmic way. Show me a character set (not a font)
with DOTLESS J.

Also, it is conceded that the Korean mess was a *mess*, and
Temperance Pledges have been taken by all concerned.

> How many would there be for IPA? Any estimates? How many
> distinguishable speech sounds are there in 6700 languages?

IPA is productive and Johab is not.

--
	John Cowan	http://www.ccil.org/~cowan	cowan@ccil.org
Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! / Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau,