where can I find some unicode

From: Viranga Ratnaike (viranga@mds.rmit.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 01:30:44 EDT

Hi,

        sorry if I'm asking for information that's well known.

        Is there any freely available data encoded as either UTF-8 or
UTF-16. I've been hunting for some and have only come the page from the 10th
conference (http://www.unicode.org/unicode/iuc10/x-utf8.html). But this is
inconvenient as it's embedded in html.

I'm writing a little application to test our unicode ability. This one will
just submit a query to a database server. Find some records and return a
result set and/or the records themselves. Before I get to the joys of word
parsing, I need some data. Preferably several paragraphs which have some
words in common. More would be great but not necessary.

        I'm currently hunting thru the archives for this mailing list but
I'm not sure what to look for. "data" isn't an overly helpful search term : )
Haven't found a faq yet which tells me where to find some data.

        My test suites so far have involved typing out hex codes. It'd just
be nice to have some real data to play with : )

Viranga