Re: where can I find some unicode

From: Markus Kuhn (Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 07:46:22 EDT

John Cowan wrote on 1999-07-26 13:28 UTC:
> Markus Kuhn wrote:
>
> > utf-8-demo.txt the test page I use to check the new X11 Unicode fonts
> > utf-8-test.txt for verifying the robustness of your UTF-8 decoder
> > quickbrown.txt collection of sentences with all letters of a language
>
> Please make these separately available on line!

Your wish is my command:

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/quickbrown.txt
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/utf-8-demo.txt
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/utf-8-test.txt

I have instructed our HTTP server to provide the appropriate
browser should automatically decode correctly.

Please note that many web browsers have rather poor Unicode support and
distorts all of these files massively. To get a good reference output,
please use the new UTF-8 enabled XFree86 xterm or the yudit UTF-8 editor
together with the 6x13, 9x15, or 10x20 fonts from

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.tar.gz

Then only the Thai test texts will be slightly distorted (since xterm
doesn't have overstriking combining characters yet which are necessary
for proper Thai display).

Markus