Re: Limitations of Unicode support in Windows 95/98

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 20:50:32 EDT

Mr. Krugler,

I believe that 95/98 have fairly limited Unicode support: essentially drawing,
measuring, and converting character codes to and from Unicode. Most of the other
APIs will not handle Unicode. The way Office 2000 handles Unicode across both NT
and 95/98 is with libraries that provide Unicode capabilities if it is not
available on the platform. I don't know if there are third-party libraries that
do the same thing.

M. Davis