Limitations of Unicode support in Windows 95/98

From: Ken Krugler (ken@transpac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 18:22:56 EDT

Hi,

I've been in the middle of a technical debate re Unicode on a different
mailing list. Recently one of the participants stated:

>While Win95 & Win98 both say they support Unicode, and do internally, the
>various elements of the user interface don't support Unicode well enough for
>applications to make use of the support. Specifically, text objects in the
>non-oriental versions of the O/S do not support Unicode.

I wasn't aware of a specific limitation with text objects, and/or the
problems that this causes. Perhaps somebody with more experience in this
area could provide additional details?

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
TransPac Software, Inc.
<http://www.transpac.com>
+1 530-470-9200 (direct) +1 408-261-7550 (main)