Re: Unicode Dynamic Fonts?

From: Christopher John Fynn (cfynn@dircon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 14:42:27 EDT

AFAIK TrueDoc currently only supports fonts with an eight bit
encoding array though the next version is supposed to fix this.

Microsoft's Web Embedding Font Tool (WEFT) does support
these fonts. See:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/weft/default.htm

W3C have also introduced a new draft standard for embedding fonts
in HTML/XML documents. See: http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-SVG/fonts.html.
Adobe apparently have a plug-in for Illustrator which enables you to
produce SVG fonts.

BTW how are you going to deal with those scripts that require
context sensitive glyph substitution?

-Chris