RE: Identifying file encoding scheme

From: Erland Sommarskog (sommar@algonet.se)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 03:29:02 EDT

"Krebs, Mike" <MKrebs@bofasecurities.com> writes:
> On another note, you work for Sybase, so you're in a unique position to
> answer the following question: In the NT version of BCP, is there a call to
> the function I mentioned, IsTextUnicode(), in the portion that imports pipe
> delimited files? If so, what are the tests that are specified in the
> arguments to this function?

Which BCP are you really talking about? The BCP I used is the one
that comes with MS SQL Server 7, which is the only BCP I know that
understands Unicode. But then again, I haven't been playing with
Sybase for the last four years. I presume their BCP supports Unicode
these days as well, but the two BCP are two different animals.

And since you asked: I'm running Windows NT, SP5. US-English version,
with Regional settings set to Swedish. And I haven't been doing any
particular tweaks for Unicode as I can recall. I could add that I
have not installed Office 2000.

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, sommar@algonet.se