forwarding a message

From: Sarasvati (root)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 13:20:12 EDT

The following message was sent to unicode-request instead of
to the list. The person has been subscribed to the list and
presumably awaits your replies.

Your ever-watchful,
        -- Sarasvati

Sender: Jens Siebert
E-Mail: jes@stardivision.de

Hamburg, 12th of October 1999

Dear ladies and sirs,

as I am just working out my graduation thesis on the topic
of software internationalization, I would like to receive any
new information on the unicode (as far as it is free of charge).

Furthermore I have got a question about a detail, written in the
book =84The Unicode Standard=93 (appendix C, page C.3. /chapter C.3.
UTF-16).

In the first sentence the Author writes:
=84The term UTF-16 stands for UCS Transformation Format for planes
 of group 00=93

My question is: =84What is meant by `group 00` ???=93

(This term doesn=B4t appear in the literature about the unicode, which
I have read as yet, nevertheless: knowledge of this term seems to be
essential to understand the mentioned sentence...)

I am looking forward to hearing from you, and send kind regards from Hamburg

Jens Siebert