Re: Do we need a Klingon in Unicode (was Re: What happened to

From: Gary Roberts (gar@sparc.sandiegoca.ncr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 23:33:53 EDT

> How likely is it that when/if Tengwar and Cirth get into the UCS, they
> will do so at the Roadmap position, with the codepoints assigned as in the
> current proposal?

I have made comments that, if heeded, would make significant changes to
the current proposal for the Tengwar. As usual, it would be best to
involve more experts and potential users in order to resolve these issues.

In short, the alternative I suggest involves handling Tengwar mode
distinctions outside the normal text stream, allowing search algorithms to
function properly independent of mode.

                                *