Re: Do we need a Klingon in Unicode (was Re: What happened to

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 05:26:35 EDT

Ar 20:34 -0700 1999-10-20, scríobh Gary Roberts:

>I have made comments that, if heeded, would make significant changes to
>the current proposal for the Tengwar. As usual, it would be best to
>involve more experts and potential users in order to resolve these issues.

I recall some innovative possibilities for the vowels (the problem) which
could be handled by the fonts.

>In short, the alternative I suggest involves handling Tengwar mode
>distinctions outside the normal text stream, allowing search algorithms to
>function properly independent of mode.

Your mail from January 1998 (note that Myanmar and Khmer took precedence
over Tengwar but I did save your message!):

Ar 17:38 -0800 1998-01-13, scríobh Gary Roberts:

--
Michael Everson * Everson Gunn Teoranta * http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478 2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478 2597 (by arrangement)