RE: handwritten Arabic [was: arabic number in bidi algorithm]

From: Reynolds, Gregg (greynolds@datalogics.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 18:48:37 EDT

Right to left on all counts, according to my colleague from Pakistan, who
also confirms that he writes (and reads) the most significant (leftmost)
digit of numbers first. Which makes sense, since it reflects phonetic
ordering. (It's the way I learned too; also in the most common handwriting
two dots gets a horizontal stroke, three a caret stroke.)

-gregg