Re: cp 932 to UTF-8 conversion (for Java)

From: Adrian Havill (
Date: Mon Nov 15 1999 - 12:42:40 EST

iconv (Unix, GNU/Linux... comes with glibc 2.1+)

BasisTech's uniconv (Solaris, Win, HPUX, SunOS)

Plan 9's tcs (Unix, Plan-9)

and "ucconv" inside "fugu" (Windows, Unix, GNU/Linux)

should all convert CP932 to UTF-8 easily, respecting half-width
katakana. "ucconv" has an "native2ascii" compatibility mode,
and can input/output Java \u notation (including the multi-u
notation) which is compatible with Java resource files you mentioned.