Re: Generic Unicode font handling

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 05:49:40 EST

Arsa A. Vine:

> Michael Kaplan wrote:
> Admittedly I haven't tried this, but 9pt sounds _exceptionally_ small. I don't
> even use it in English. The online font settings I use (on Solaris/CDE) are
> usually 12pt. Is there some difference in display on the PC? Is there anyone
> else who can attest to 9pt for Asian language characters?
>
> Andrea

This brings up something I have wanted to rais for some time. Mail from
a few sources (from "Magda Danish (Unicode)" <v-magdad@microsoft.com>,
for example, via the Unicode List) comes in here in such a small point
size that I just delete it (it being too much hassle to adjust my own
local Netscape mail display options to suit such rare messages, as the
suit all of the rest). Sometimes mail comes in in coloured text, which I
also tend to delete without reading. I take it that these variations in
fontsize and fontcolour is due to user setting at the sender (for
example, Magda of Microsoft's) end. Is there any Unicode-recommended set
of sender settings for the control of size and colour of font in sending
e-mail?
mg