[Frank da Cruz <fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu>: RE: [nelocsig] Re: Generic Unicode font handling]

From: Frank da Cruz (fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 10:25:04 EST

For what it's worth, the message I sent a few minutes ago
came back to my rather antiquated SunOS 4.1 system with the
UTF-8 intact and legible through my UTF-8 capable terminal
emulator. The pertinent headers were intact too:

Here is an example of sending multilingual content through
the Internet as plain text using non-Unicode-aware text-based
tools -- the very purpose for which UTF-8 was intended.

- Frank