Re: Question about Unicode 3.0.0 and Unicode CJK fonts

From: John Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 11:04:20 EST

on 11/16/99 1:33 PM, Magda Danish (Unicode) at v-magdad@microsoft.com wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Ping Lin [mailto:linping@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 10:52 PM
To: 'info@unicode.org'
Subject: Question about Unicode 3.0.0 and Unicode CJK fonts

Hi,

    I was wondering if you could help me with these two questions?

1) Is there a visual representation somewhere on a web page of the
new/changed CJK characters in Unicode 3.0.0? I tried to look for it on the
Unicode web site but was not able to find it.

Not yet. It should be available in the next couple of months. Note that
none of the ideographs have changed, but there are some 6600 new ones.

2) Which font (by which vendor) is the most up-to-date in terms of catching
up with the latest version of Unicode (specifically the CJK section), and
what version is it conforming to?

You would have to check with specific font vendors for information on this
one.