Re: Devanagari and half-consonant forms

From: Chookij Vanatham (chookij.vanatham@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 13:55:42 EST

Hi Mark,

I'm not an expert in Hindi but here is what I guess.
The difference between those two KKA sequences is that one has ZWJ and the
other doesn't. I guess that the sequence with ZWJ, the glyph would be
the ligature one if there is the glyph in the font. If there is no ligature
glyph in the font, then I think the half-consonant glyph connected with the
live consonant glyph is ok too. If the font doesn't have these 2 glyphs
at all, then, just use the live consonant glyph with VIRAMA glyph and the
other live consonant glyph then.

Chookij V.