CP437 / KOI8-R mapping table inconsistencies

From: Markus Kuhn (Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 05:13:52 EST

There is an inconsistency in various code tables, namely

  RFC 1489 <ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/rfc/rfc1489.txt>

contains U+2219 BULLET OPERATOR, while

contains instead U+2022 BULLET at the corresponding position (the latter
quotes IBM NLS RM Vol2 SE09-8002-01, March 1990 as a source, which is
probably a bit too pre-UCS to be of use here).

Could we please somehow unify these two mappings? I couldn't care less,
which one is more "correct" (with a slight preference for the
ftp.unicode.org tables), but they look both sufficiently "official" to
make this inconsistency an annoyance and a source of continued bug
reports, no matter which alternative I choose in my implementation.