Re: POSIX locales

From: Keld J|rn Simonsen (keld@dkuug.dk)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 19:34:26 EST

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 01:51:47PM -0800, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> Dear all,
> Would you please give me links about the POSIX locale definitions format?
> I know about
> ftp://dkuug.dk/i18n/nord.ps
> but I need to know if there is any newer thing available online.
>
> Also, where should we post a fa_IR (Persian as used in Iran) locale we are
> creating? Is there any officializing path?

There is a technical report in the works, ISO/IEC TR 14652
(recently ballotted as PDTR). It is backwards compatible with
POSIX locales and charmaps. It is available from
http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg20

WG15 is collecting locales, and also you can register your
locale with the ISO cultural registry, ISO/IEC 15897.
For further info see http://www.dkuug.dk/cultreg and the standard.
A good approximation of the standard can be found at the WG20 site,
http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg20

--
Keld Jørn Simonsen, keld@dkuug.dk
DKUUG, Fruebjergvej 3, DK-2100 København Ø, Danmark