Re: POSIX locales

From: Keld J|rn Simonsen (
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 19:34:26 EST

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 01:51:47PM -0800, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> Dear all,
> Would you please give me links about the POSIX locale definitions format?
> I know about
> but I need to know if there is any newer thing available online.
> Also, where should we post a fa_IR (Persian as used in Iran) locale we are
> creating? Is there any officializing path?

There is a technical report in the works, ISO/IEC TR 14652
(recently ballotted as PDTR). It is backwards compatible with
POSIX locales and charmaps. It is available from

WG15 is collecting locales, and also you can register your
locale with the ISO cultural registry, ISO/IEC 15897.
For further info see and the standard.
A good approximation of the standard can be found at the WG20 site,

Keld Jørn Simonsen,
DKUUG, Fruebjergvej 3, DK-2100 København Ø, Danmark