Re: Unicode and Word

From: Christopher John Fynn (
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 16:09:03 EST

Here is a simple routine in Word's VBA macro language which can be used to
insert any Unicode character into a Word document at the cursor point. I use
this tied to a dialog box where I can enter any character by hex or decimal
value. You could also use it in conjunction with routines assigned to the

Public Sub InsertUnicodeChar(lUniCharNum As Long)
With Selection
    .Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseStart
    .InsertSymbol CharacterNumber:=lUniCharNum, Unicode:=True
End With
End Sub

- Chris