Re: Linguistic precedence [was: (TC304.2313) AND/OR:

From: Antoine Leca (
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 06:50:05 EDT wrote:
> > A Coruņa [...]
> I though it was "La Coruņa" (in Castillian) or "A Corunha" (in Galician).

In fact, I never went to Galicia, so I do not know.
In the rest of Spain, practice is to spell it A Coruņa, particularly
on road atlases, even if the proper Castillian spelling is of course
La Coruņa (and that is the name used when one talks about the football

Thinking about it, I agree A Corunha looks more Portuguese so
Galician than A Coruņa. So I did look at the official web site
of Galicia <URL:>, and found an interesting
page <URL:>. Which in
fact use A Coruņa, even in a Galician text. Ā suivre...