i18n / GPS question

From: Patrick Andries (pandries@iti.qc.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 18:59:38 EDT

This question is probably off charter, but I really know where else I could
ask it.

Does anybody know of standard functions that will give me the local time an
event took place when supplied with the latitude, longitude and UTC
timestamp of the event ?

I know that in all generality this may be very difficult (governments,
provinces, towns may decree frequent "random" changes), but would anyone
have a set of libraries (preferably in Java) for North America and Europe
that would be useful ?

Thanks

P. Andries
Dorval (Québec)