Acronyms

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine.Leca@renault.fr)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 12:39:03 EDT

I deleted the message I am trying to answer, so the subject is
wrong and it will appear misplaced if your MUA presents the messages
threaded...

Anyway, about Michael's acronyms, I believe part of the answer can
be found in the title of ISO/IEC FCD 10646-2 (IS scheduled for 2001-12):

Information technology -- Universal Multiple-Octet Coded Character
Set (UCS) -- Part 2: Secondary Multilingual Plane for scripts and
symbols, Supplementary Plane for CJK Ideographs, Special Purpose Plane

Ou en français :
Technologies de l'information -- Jeu universel de caractères codés
à plusieurs octets (UCS) -- Partie 2: Plan multilingue secondaire
pour caractères et symboles, plan supplémentaire pour idéogrammes
CJK, plan à but particulier

Which appears to me as slightly wrong, because the acronym for UCS in
French ought to be JUC, as in the French title of part 1, or even
better J.U.C. I hope this is not yet engraved in hard stone and that
it will be corrected before it becomes too late. Michael?

Antoine