Re: SQL Server and Unicode

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 11:49:13 EDT

Michael,
Do you know of JDBC drivers that support using
queries and updates of UCS-2 (or UTF-16) text in the SQL Server database?

I am having trouble confirming which ones support this and have confirmed,
that
even though Java is Unicode-based, some of the drivers only work provided
the text is to be converted to some code page other than Unicode for storage
and retrieval on the database.

tex

--
If practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, why practice?
Tex Texin                      Director, International Products

http://www.progress.com #1 Embedded Database http://www.SonicMQ.com JMS Messaging- Best Middleware Award http://www.aspconnections.com #1 provider in the ASP marketplace http://www.NuSphere.com Open Source software and services for MySQL

Globalization Program http://www.progress.com/partners/globalization.htm ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Come to the Panel on Open Source Approaches to Unicode Libraries at the Sept. Unicode Conference http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc17