Re: Addition of remaining two Maltese Characters to Unicode

From: Steven R. Loomis (srl@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 02:22:28 EDT

"Ayers, Mike" wrote:
> This would allow proper
> rendering for both types of words, so that, say "piece" wouldn't be rendered
> with the "i" and "e" joined. Did I misunderstand?

 As Mr. Adall said, the rendering appears as 'i' + 'e', and 'g' +
'\u0127'. There isn't a difference in rendering. Issues include
collation, linebreak,..

ie and gh must sort as individual letters in Maltese. Here are some
links for demos..

   - mailing list and other notes on Maltese..
      http://www.quadrantFive.com/SMC/

   - demo of locale data [click the Demo button by CollationElements to
test out the sorting.]

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/icu/localeexplorer/?_=mt_MT

-steven