From: Carl W. Brown (
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 17:04:41 EDT

I have found four references to support your contention. A reference to it
using a Latin script, another to "Azari-Arabic, Azari-Cyrilic &
Azari-Turkish", I found a Mac font system but I don't have a Mac to try it
and I installed a True Type font that seems to produce both a dotted and an
accented i.

BTW I also found that it seems that there is a movement to Latinize Uigur as
well that started about 1960.