Re: Unicode on a website

From: Elaine Keown (keown@altavista.com)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 20:11:51 EDT

Hello,

I'm interested in using the more recent Unicode Hebrew versions on Web sites. These versions have about 30 more symbols for Hebrew Bible text than the original Unicode from the early 90s.

But the UTF-8 versions I found on the Web only seem to have the early 90s version of Hebrew, and it doesn't have these 30 extra symbols.

How does this work? Is there some automatic procedure that will happen soon, where a new UTF-8 will come out that has all the Hebrew symbols from Unicode 2.0 and 3.0? Does the increase in size of the Hebrew character set interact with UTF-8 in some negative way?

Thanks, Elaine

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html