Re: Transcriptions of "Unicode"

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 01:41:48 EST

FWIW, IE does not do an absolutely stellar job here, either. Not all Unicode
subranges have fonts automatically assigned, yet it is smart enough if you
bring up the font dialog that lists the fonts which cover the subrange.

Although there was no "lame" button when I pulled up the dialog, selected
Ethiopic, saw two fonts listed but IE did not select either, there SHOULD
have been one. Because it was awfully lame..... smart enough to know a font
is needed, smart enough to list the ones that would work, but stupid to just
select one? :-(

I am hoping they address this is in IE 6.0. No one should ever need this
dialog unless they want to override choices. :-)

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/