Re: UCS-2, UCS-4, UTF-16 unicode format files

From: John Cowan (
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 12:05:51 EST

James Kass wrote:

> but it may not be actually overriding the media type,

It isn't after all.

? I should've
> said "the pages load" rather than "the pages load just fine", since
> I don't know what the pages are supposed to look like. I think
> they are being displayed as HTML because there are some line breaks
> in the source but no line breaks displayed in the browser. What
> seems to be happening is that these pages load as one giant block
> of text, in other words it's HTML without the 'HML' because there
> are no tags.

We see the same symptoms, then. If you download the files and
view them in Notepad (NT or 2000) you will see the Right Thing.

There is / one art                   || John Cowan <>
no more / no less                    ||
to do / all things                   ||
with art- / lessness                 \\ -- Piet Hein