Re: I have a drem one day I can see th

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 13:17:07 EST

On 12/18/2000 11:23:29 AM Kenneth Whistler wrote:

>The WG2 proposals were for additional *presentation forms* for
>Uighur characters. (initial, final, medial forms)...

Daniels and Bright has a section on Uighur script - something from the same
script history as Mongolian. I don't know how different it is from
Mongolian. (The same family was also used for Oirat and Manchurian, and
these are also discussed in D&B, though again I don't know much about how
similar / different any of these are from one another). Has any proposal
ever been made for this? Can it be considered simply a different writing
system based on the same script as Mongolian (and therefore encoded using
the existing Mongolian characters)?

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>