Re: nushu?

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 13:35:52 EST

> it's the "woman's writing" used in Jiangyong country, Hunan province,
> China, of some ~1000-1500 glyphs

Ah, yes... This has been proposed and debated before. It certainly is
a candidate for encoding, if a thorough enough description of it is
available. Last time I went looking for information on this script,
there was not enough detailed information available to produce an
encoding proposal... at least not enough that I could get my hands on at
that time.

I haven't seen William Wei CHIANG's book. How much detail does it have
on the precise character repertoire of the script?

Thanks,
        Rick