Re: Transcriptions of "Unicode"

From: Patrick T. Rourke (ptrourke@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 20:08:45 EST

He didn't actually say it: someone joked at a dinner or fundraiser that Dan
Quayle had felt guilty that he hadn't studied his Latin upon his visit to
Latin America, and the press picked it up as though it were a true report of
Quayle's own words.

What it says of the man that millions of people believed him capable of
saying it, I leave others to decide. I suspect that he was nominated
because he reminded GHWB of someone.

Patrick Rourke
ptrourke@mediaone.net