Re: Klingon silliness

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 15:33:11 EST

Let me throw my light weight in with John O'Conner...

It's silly to even consider Klingon for Unicode or 10646. Many members of
both committees know this, and that's why it hasn't moved anywhere in
several years. The question keeps cropping up because that silly proposal
is still "on the books".

If it were up to me alone, I would put that proposal in the bin of things
that have been politely refused. The fact that it has not yet gone to the
great bit-bucket in the sky probably reflects the general esteem in which
the gentlebeing who proposed it is held.

I have said repeatedly over the years, that I will enterain the encoding
of Klingon when the tribble-kissing wimps at the Klingon High Command beam
an armed delegation into a UTC meeting and demand the encoding of their
script. Until then, I see no reason to consider encoding this script.

        Rick