RE: Unicode complaints

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 17:29:07 EST

On 03/15/2001 04:23:47 PM Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

>My previous post should have explained things a bit. The bidi users get
>annoyed when their text cursor jumps this way and that way. They cannot
>understand why a single visual place on the screen may correspond to two
>different logical places. They cannot stand it when they put the cursor
>somewhere, type a character, and the character appears somewhere else.

Do you think that split cursors that visually indicate where you are in the
text (e.g. you're entering between the last number and the following space
vs. you're entering between the first number and the preceding space --
these two perhaps occuring at the same visual place along the line) provide
what users need?

Peter