Unicode complaints

From: Suzanne M. Topping (stopping@bizwonk.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 12:12:43 EST

In hunting around for negative opinions about Unicode, I've found that
the majority of complaints relate to CJK character sets. Would listers
agree that this is the largest area of unrest? Or is it just that people
involved with CJK are vocal?

I've read periodic questions or comments from people dealing with bidi
languages, but there doesn't seem to be the same level of discontent.
Does this accurately reflect reality, or have I missed something?

Thanks once again to all for your comments.

Suzanne Topping
Vice President

BizWonk Inc.
(Solutions for a Global E-conomy)
25 N. Washington Street
Rochester, NY 14614-1110
USA

stopping@bizwonk.com
Phone: +1 716.454.4210
Fax: +1 716.454.4213

Contact me to join the North East Localization Special Interest Group,
an email discussion list which focuses on globalization issues. (Or
subscribe yourself by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nelocsig)