Keyboard entry on PCs

From: Michael Everson (
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 07:48:18 EDT

Let's say I was making a keyboard for Northern Sami, intended to work
on PCs running Windows, and wanted to replace the Q key with the
letter . That's easy enough, but since Q has been replaced, it needs
to be available via another mechanism such. On the Mac, you could
have the following:

plain q =
shift q =
option q = q
shift-option q = Q

Can this be done on PCs with the Alt key or the AltGr key, or with
some other key that won't interfere with the menu shortcuts and so
on? Would Tavultesoft be the way to do this?

Michael Everson *** Everson Typography ***

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Sun Jul 07 2002 - 06:08:23 EDT