Re: Keyboard entry on PCs

From: Stefan Persson (
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 08:40:31 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Everson" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 1:48 PM
Subject: Keyboard entry on PCs

> Let's say I was making a keyboard for Northern Sami, intended to work
> on PCs running Windows, and wanted to replace the Q key with the
> letter . That's easy enough, but since Q has been replaced, it needs
> to be available via another mechanism such. On the Mac, you could
> have the following:
> plain q =
> shift q =
> option q = q
> shift-option q = Q
> Can this be done on PCs with the Alt key or the AltGr key, or with
> some other key that won't interfere with the menu shortcuts and so
> on? Would Tavultesoft be the way to do this?

That is possible to to in Keyman; however, I'd recomment you to use AltGr
instead of Alt, as the Alt key is necessary for other purposes if you don't
have any mouse for the computer.


Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Sun Jul 07 2002 - 06:57:50 EDT