Re: library for identifying equivalent sequences

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 11:34:19 EDT

Mark Davis wrote:

> We do have that in ICU 2.2. It is not a public interface (meaning that we
> will likely change the API before we make it public), but it is accessible
> if you want to test with it for now.

See the ICU "i18n" library's caniter.h and caniter.cpp
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/icu/source/i18n/

There is a parallel class CanonicalIterator.java in ICU4J
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu4j/icu4j/src/com/ibm/icu/text/

I hear that a forthcoming Technical Note #5 will also cover this topic...

markus