Re: Hebrew support in Office.X

From: Raymond Mercier (RaymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 05:02:50 EDT

At 08:46 AM 8/5/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>There's a serie of article about that in The Register site. And as you
>can read Office for the Mac never supported Hebrew nor Right to Left.

There is such an irony in this ! Not many years ago I saw a splendid
demonstration at an Apple Mac centre in Belgium of a multilingual word
processor. This was supposed to demonstrate the new-fangled Unicode, and on
the screen there was a vertical string of flags, serving as a menu for all
sorts of scripts, certainly including Hebrew and other RTL. It made me feel
that Microsoft was dragging its feet comparing with the Mac world.

Raymond Mercier