Re: entities with breve

From: William Overington (WOverington@ngo.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 05:04:40 EDT

    Peter Constable wrote as follows.

    >The answer would be to encoded characters comparable to U+0361. A combining
    >double breve has already been approved for version 4.0. I intend to propose
    >(unless someone gets around to it before me) a combining double inverted
    >breve below.
    >
    >In the mean time, one can encode these as PUA characters (which is an
    >interim solution we're going to be using, at least for some purposes).

    Could you please say some more about what is going to be encoded in regular
    Unicode and with which code points please?

    In relation to your encoding these characters as Private Use Area
    characters, I wonder if you could please say some more about this please,
    both in relation to which code points you are intending to use and also as
    to whether encoding a combining accent character or a combining double into
    the Private Use Area could lead potentially to any problems over a rendering
    system recognizing the character as being a combining character (please know
    that I have no specific reason to think that it would, it is just a
    possibility about which I wondered when considering various uses of the
    Private Use Area).

    William Overington