Re: The Currency Symbol of China

From: Séamas Ó Brógáin (leabhair@iol.ie)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 14:13:53 EDT

    I don't know which (if either) of the two variants is regarded as official,
      but I think it is highly probable that the version with two horizontal bars
    is the original form of the yen sign, as this symbol was almost certainly
    created by analogy with the pound (£) and dollar ($) signs, both of which
    had two bars in their original forms (though both also have variants with
    one bar).

    Séamas Ó Brógáin