RE: Unicode Word Processing in Mac OS

From: David J. Perry (perryd@telocity.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 19:22:37 EDT

    I recently checked the OpenOffice Mac port. It's still at a fairly
    early stage. They don't have Unicode support in place yet (although the
    fact that they say "yet" does seem to indicate that they are planning on
    adding it; certainly their Windows Unicode support is good, so they know
    how to do it and appreciate that it's important).

    According to the Nisus web site, they are working on a Cocoa version of
    Writer but there is no timetable for its release. So the wait
    continues.

    David