RE: [ANN] World Address Project starts and relies on Unicode heav ily

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 13:30:44 EDT

    > Dear all,
    >
    > World Address Project promotes an idea of utilizing Unicode on online
    > shopping websites for solving the international shipping
    > address problem.
    > This will greatly benefit both customers and online businesses.
    >
    > Please take a look at http://www.bytecool.com/wap/ and feel
    > free to send
    > questions or comments.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Yao Ziyuan

    A welcome initiative! I especially hope that your FAQ, when it will be
    ready, will contain useful suggestions.

    I am really quite sick of those forms that, after I have specified my
    country is Italy, force me to fill in my "state"! I usually, have to select
    "Michigan", which has the same acronym ("MI") as the province of Milan. I
    hope I'll never move in the province of Florence, as there is no state in
    the US whose acronym is "FI"...

    Also, I hope they'll stop refusing forms where I haven't filled the "middle
    initial" field.

    Ciao.
    Marco "X" Cimarosti