Re: Character identities

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 08:21:47 EDT

    To all contributors to this thread:
    Please cease cc-ing <deutsch@google.com>! The CC was meant for
    my remark on fuzzy search wrt. long-s and round-s. Google are
    certainly not interested in any and all other turns this thread
    has taken, or may take later.

    David J. Perry had written:
    > An OpenType font that is smart enough to substitute a long s glyph at
    > the right spots is the much superior long-term solution.

    To which I had replied:

    John Hudson wrote:
    > To be accurate, it works for display of English but not for German.

    David's remark was about German Fraktur orthography. My quote was too
    short, so this detail was lost. I apologize for any misunderstandings
    possibly caused by my omission.

    Best wishes,
       Otto Stolz