Re: Character identities

Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 12:11:27 EST

    Hello Doug,

    DE> Actually, the Sütterlin umlaut-mark is a small italicized "e,"
    DE> which is very similar to an "n." What it really ends up looking
    DE> like, from a distance, is a double acute. [...] Sütterlin does use
    DE> a macron over "m" and "n" to indicate that the letter should be
    DE> doubled,

    Actually, when I learned it in school about seventeen years ago, I was
    taught to use double acutes as umlaut markers, and there were no
    macrons to indicate doubled letters. Double "m" was not very legible,
    however.

    Cheers -
      Philipp Reichmuth mailto:mailinglistenprozessor@gmx.net

    --
    You step in the stream, / but the water has moved on / This page is not here