Re: Devanagari

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 07:03:24 EST

    Vipul Garg scripsit:

    > I have downloaded your font chart for Devanagari, which is in the range
    > from 0900 to 097F. I have also installed the Arial Unicode font supplied
    > by Microsoft office XP suite. I found that not all characters are
    > available for Devanagari. For example letters such as Aadha KA, Aadha
    > KHA, Aadha GA etc. are not available.

    This is not a Unicode problem.

    Arial Unicode is not designed to handle Indic scripts; it does not
    contain the necessary ligatures and half forms. You need to use a
    more suitable font.

    --
    John Cowan   <jcowan@reutershealth.com>   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    "One time I called in to the central system and started working on a big