Re: Oh No! Not a new Adobe Glyph List!!!

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 13:06:36 EST

    John Hudson wrote:

    > ... Adobe was
    > considering ditching the AFII-based names in the AGL and using uniXXXX
    > names instead for things like Arabic, since having two human-unfriendly
    > numbering systems, one of them totally obsolete, is really daft.

    It would be good for everyone to ditch the AFII numbers, I think. The AFII
    standard is not only obsolete, there isn't even any publicly available
    reference for the numbers. (And there never has been, actually. AFII used
    to sell the glyph reference at a pretty high price.) AFII reference is out
    of print and except for the handful of copies that were ever printed, it is
    unavailable at any price. There is not even any electronic copy available.

            Rick