Re: Oh No! Not a new Adobe Glyph List!!!

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 14:44:29 EST

    On 01/02/2003 11:35:37 AM Eric Muller wrote:

    >What is the relationship between AFII and ISO/IEC 10036 (Information
    technology
    >-- Font information interchange -- Procedures for registration of
    font-related
    >identifiers)?

    AFII was the registration authority originally named in ISO/IEC 10036:1996.
    I hadn't realised this had been updated. The original had been prepared by
    JTC 1/SC 18, and that SC doesn't even exist anymore. Apparently, the
    corregenda were prepared by SC 34, "Document description and processing
    languages", for which ANSI is the secretariat.

    >I recently discovered that there have  been two technical corrigendas, in
    2001
    >and 2002, and that a new registrar has been assigned...

    I note that the on-line listing of registered glyphs appears currently to
    include only glyphs relevant for CJKV.

    I also note that there is still a charge for registering glyphs: US$100 for
    up to 100 glyphs.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485