Re: Suggestions in Unicode Indic FAQ

From: Aditya Gokhale (aditya@cdacindia.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 02:33:56 EST

    To support what Kayur has to say I will add few more things.

    Take for instance a "vowel sigh" (matras as we call here in India) e.g. say is e (U093F), is combined with a consonant like ka (U0915) in the sequence it forms ke. (Please see the first image). The repositioning of the shape happens automatically. If the anyone puts the e matra (U093F) first and then the consonant ka (U0915) then they should be highlighted, putting a space can still make them look like ka. So to make this mistake very explicit, we have to put a dotted circle. If wrong combination is stored, it will create lot of problem in searching the data as well as in sorting. Please refer BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) ISCII 91 / 88 documentation for this where in

    -Aditya