RE: traditional vs simplified chinese

From: Rick Cameron (Rick.Cameron@crystaldecisions.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 14:37:07 EST

    The Win32 API includes a function that can do this folding, on Windows
    NT/2000/XP: LCMapString, with the option LCMAP_SIMPLIFIED_CHINESE or
    LCMAP_TRADITIONAL_CHINESE.

    I know little about Chinese, but I have the impression that it is much more
    common for several traditional characters to correspond to one simplified
    character than vice versa. If that's true, it seems to me that it would make
    most sense to fold to simplified.

    - rick